Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

HANDS - WAKE UP


Got an e-mail (My first one for this blog. Yay!) about this pop duo from Norway (land of the pop gods) the other day, but didn't see it until about an hour ago.  They are called HandS and the band consists of two attractive people named Hakon and Sofie.  And from what I can tell so far, they're also pretty great.

Their debut single, "Wake Up", is a very smart r&b/electropop hybrid that brings to mind The Weeknd, Robyn, and Rihanna without being really blatant about any of those influences.  It gets better with each listen.  It grew on me more and more each time I listened to it, which is quite a nice thing for a song to do.  Thank you, song.  Hakon and Sofie's voices sound perfect together, the chorus is a stunner and the production is top-notch.  I don't know what record labels/bands have to do to make songs go from being an amazing song some people are talking about on the internet to being an amazing song everyone has heard.  But they should do that.  So simple, right?

The song is out now on Elsker, which is an imprint of TellĂ© Records.  I'm not sure whether or not it was released in a physical form, but you can find it on iTunes.  The band is currently working on its debut album and I'm really looking forward to it.

I also imagine that with a name like HandS, they might be a little hard to Google so here's a link to their website, which has links to their Facebook and Twitter and stuff:  http://hands-music.tumblr.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment