Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BRITT LOVE - MUSIC MAKES YOU LOSE CONTROL


I'm personally devastated that Britt Love didn't make it through to the live shows of this year's X Factor.  She was literally the only contestant I was looking forward to.  Not that all of the contestants are bad, but none of them hit the spot with me yet.  Honestly, I think Britt should have just gone out on stage with a boombox, played Mini Viva's "Left My Heart in Tokyo" or "I Wish", and then said, "See, I'm amazing."  Oh well.

But all is not lost because we now have this brilliant new Britt Love song that will be better than the X Factor winner's single, anyway.  It's another example of how incredible Britt's voice really is.  Perhaps not in the over the top diva way that the talent shows require, but she sounds like no one else.  And the song itself is a properly amazing dancefloor anthem.  And I don't even think there's one mention of "the club".  It's a lot more full on Euro dance pop than a lot of what's in the charts these days, but that's totally fine with me.

I really hope something positive comes from her stint on X Factor.  Whether it's just more fans, or some attention from a good label, or perhaps a collaboration with one of the current superstar producers.  Come on, Calvin Harris, you don't only have to work with the Rihannas and Ellie Gouldings of the world, you know?


No comments:

Post a Comment