Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

JESSIE WARE - WILDEST MOMENTS


I haven't featured any Jessie Ware songs on my blog yet and I can't remember if it's because they came out before I started it or if I'm just stupid.  Because she is amazing.  She has had such an incredibly strong run of singles for a debut.  Each one is brilliant and surprising.  I have no doubt in my mind that Devotion will be one of the top five albums of 2012.

Her new single, "Wildest Moments", is gorgeous.  She continues on her path of making incredible pop/soul songs that don't just sound like they are aping the style of every pop/soul song that came out in the 70s.  There's a definite modernness to them without giving you that feeling that it sounds "so 2012".  They are timeless.  And her voice is just... perfect.  Jessie really seems like the type of artist that is going to have a really long, really satisfying career.  I truly believe that people will still be talking about her (positively) 20 years from now.  Unless the world ends this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment