Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

LITTLE MIX - WINGS


I've been watching old episodes of X Factor lately (started with series 5 because I love Diana Vickers), but I haven't gotten to the one with Little Mix yet so I didn't really know whether or not to be excited about them.  All I had heard was their cover of "Cannonball" and I thought it was nice enough, but I wasn't wowed, or anything.  But that's probably mostly down to me not being a Damien Rice fan.

But it turns out I definitely should have been excited because "Wings" is crazy good.  It's such an amazing debut single.  It's one of those songs where literally every single ingredient exists in order to get you out of your chair and dancing and air punching and singing along.  I didn't actually do any of those things when I first heard it, but that's only because it's 4 in the morning while I'm writing this.  All debut singles by girlbands should be this much fun.  Speaking of fun, I hope there's no more than two full-on ballads on their debut album.

2012 seems like it might be the year of the girlband.  Girls Aloud and the original Sugababes are both working on new music, The Saturdays had a good single and a good b-side, and Parade have been making some supposedly amazing music.

I wish every year was the year of the girlband.  :(

Anyway, here's this amazing Little Mix song.

No comments:

Post a Comment